- Demirkaya, Betul, Patrick Cunha Silva, and Brian F. Crisp. 2022. "The Logic of Campaign Spending in Mixed-Member Electoral Systems." Electoral Studies 79:1-6.
- Ainsley, Caitlin, Clifford Carrubba, Crisp, Betul Demirkaya, Matthew Gabel, and Dino Hadzic. 2020. ``The Perils of Using Roll-Call Vote Results to Study Representation" American Political Science Review 114(3):691-706.
- Crisp, Brian F and Betul Demirkaya. 2020. "Strategic Entry and Strategic Voting in Majoritarian Systems" Journal of Politics 82(1):57-71.
- Demirkaya, Betul. 2019. “What is Opposition Good For?” Journal of Theoretical Politics 31(2):260- 280.
- Crisp, Brian F., Betul Demirkaya, Leslie A. Schwindt-Bayer, and Courtney Millian. 2018. “The Role of Rules in Representation: Group Membership and Electoral Incentives” British Journal of Political Science 48(1):47-67.
- Tepe, Sultan and Betul Demirkaya. 2011. “(Not) Getting Religion: Has Political Science Lost Sight of Islam?” Politics and Religion 4(2):203-228.
- Demirkaya, Betul and Norman Schofield. 2015. “Trading Portfolios: Stability of Coalition Governments” in Norman Schofield and Gonzalo Caballero (ed.) The Political Economy of Governance. Springer. 179-193.
- Schofield, Norman and Betul Demirkaya. 2013. “Spatial Model of Elections in Turkey: Tracing Changes in the Party System in 2000s” in Norman Schofield, Gonzalo Caballero and Daniel Kselman (ed.) Advances in Political Economy. Springer. 317-330.
- Demirkaya, Betul. “Whistleblower in the Parliament.” Abstract.